Support the Festival
Join us in writing the next exciting chapter of our story
As a registered charity, the Baillie Gifford Borders Book Festival relies on the support of our audience, local businesses and the wider community.
From modest beginnings in 2004, the festival has blossomed into an event which attracts around 34,000 people to Harmony Garden and its orchard each June, and which welcomed almost 21,000 viewers from across the world to the new digital festival during 2020. Described as one of the UK’s friendliest book festivals, it attracts ‘A-listers’ and big thinkers, celebrates many different artforms, and delivers outreach programmes and events for schools and the wider community.
In these tough times, we need your support more than ever. Not only will you be helping us to protect the festival for the future, but you can also enjoy a range of great benefits too!
There are a number of ways you can support Borders Book Festival. Why not become a Patron, Supporter or Friend? See below for more information on how you can help.
PLEASE NOTE: Membership is not open yet for the 2022 festival. If you are interested in supporting the festival in 2022, please join our mailing list and you will be notified when subscriptions reopen.
Become a Friend of the Festival and receive the following benefits:
- Priority booking of up to 6 tickets* per event
- Invitation to the Walter Scott Prize for Historical Fiction award ceremony
- Priority booking for out-of-season Borders Book Festival events
- Programme posted directly to your door
*Single membership - up to 4 tickets per event. Joint membership - up to 6 tickets per event.
Become a Supporter of the Festival and receive all Friend benefits PLUS:
- Access to VIP bar area
- Invitation to the festival programme and media launch in Melrose or Edinburgh
- Acknowledgement of support in the printed programme and on the website
Become a patron of the festival and receive all friend and supporter benefits PLUS:
- Invitation to the Authors Sunday Brunch at Bowhill, hosted by the Duke and Duchess of Buccleuch
- 12 pairs of complimentary tickets
- Reserved parking at Harmony
- Reserved seats at the events of your choice
Help keep Borders Book Festival alive!
The cancellation of this year’s festival due to Covid-19 and the subsequent loss of ticket revenue and book sales is having a big impact on us. As a charity we rely heavily on the support and generosity of our regular Borders Book Festival goers.
If you feel you are able to donate to allow us to continue to deliver the festival in 2021 and beyond, we would be most grateful.