Support the Festival
Join us in writing the next exciting chapter of our story
As a registered charity, the Baillie Gifford Borders Book Festival has, from its inception, relied on the support of our audience, local businesses and the wider community.
From modest beginnings in 2004, the Borders Book Festival has now blossomed into a key national event, attracting around 34,000 people to Harmony Garden and its orchard each June. Described as one of the UK’s friendliest book festivals, it also delivers such an enjoyable experience for authors, that we continue to attract the “A-listers”, from John Cleese and Joanna Lumley to Ian Rankin, David Coulthard and Stacey Dooley.
We need to keep that magic alive. Our ideas, and yours, for expanding the programming to include more variety, distinctive sessions, outreach programmes and events are brave and exciting. As it grows and flourishes, Borders Book Festival is under constant pressure to find equally innovative funding streams to achieve them.
We invite you to enjoy a closer connection to Borders Book Festival by supporting us to help safeguard, develop and celebrate this valued and vibrant event.
There are a number of ways you can support Borders Book Festival. Why not become a Patron, Supporter or Friend? See below for more information on how you can help.
Become a Friend of the Festival and receive the following benefits:
- Priority booking of up to 6 tickets* per event
- Invitation to the Festival Opening Party
- Invitation to the Walter Scott Prize for Historical Fiction award ceremony
- Priority booking for out-of-season Borders Book Festival events
- Programme posted directly to your door
*Single membership - up to 4 tickets per event. Joint membership - up to 6 tickets per event.
Become a Supporter of the Festival and receive all Friend benefits PLUS:
- Access to VIP bar area
- Invitation to the festival programme and media launch in Melrose or Edinburgh
- Acknowledgement of support in the printed programme and on the website
Become a patron of the festival and receive all friend and supporter benefits PLUS:
- Invitation to the Authors Sunday Brunch at Bowhill, hosted by the Duke and Duchess of Buccleuch
- 12 pairs of complimentary tickets
- Reserved parking at Harmony
- Reserved seats at the events of your choice
Help keep Borders Book Festival alive!
The cancellation of this year’s festival due to Covid-19 and the subsequent loss of ticket revenue and book sales is having a big impact on us. As a charity we rely heavily on the support and generosity of our regular Borders Book Festival goers.
If you feel you are able to donate to allow us to continue to deliver the festival in 2021 and beyond, we would be most grateful.